June 10, 2012

W.E.

A beautiful story. A beautiful movie.
I must admit I was skeptical walking into the theatre.
I’m not exactly what you would call a fan of Madonna, of her music, or anything that she’s done for that matter. And I was afraid that she would twist this timeless love affair into a looong, up-beat, sexed-up, 1930’s costume show with no depth.

I stand corrected. 

The film is mesmerizing, moving, and a piece of art to say the least.
The darkness of it, the melancholic moments, the constant swing between despair and sorrow, and hope and joy, the beauty of the screen writing, and the score composed by Abel Korzeniowski which evokes a prevailing sense of obsession, make this film absolutely beautiful.

I’ve found myself often in a daydream the last couple days, thinking about Wallis and Edward.
What makes the love story so intriguing, is that we will never know the truth.


















"I have found it impossible to carry the heavy burden of responsibility, and to discharge my duties as King as I would wish to do, without the help and support of the woman I love." -King Edward VIII

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...